25 Aug Serviced SETA & SAPOA Bursary
In May 2015, the Service SETA partnered with the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA) to sponsor 100 students with bursaries for a 4 year degree in property related studies, to the value of R38, 288, 300.00. This bursary opportunity is aimed at Grade 12 learners as well as those individuals who are currently unemployed and not studying.
It is for full-time South African university studies and the typical degrees are:
• ND Real Estate
• BSc Property Studies
• BSc Real Estate
• BSc Property Development
• BCom Honours Property Valuation and Management
The institutions that offer these degrees are:
• Cape Peninsula University of Technology
• University of Cape Town
• University of Johannesburg
• University of KwaZulu-Natal
• University of Pretoria
• University of Witwatersrand
We now have the challenge to find 100 students to allocate bursaries to, in commercial property qualifications.
The following criteria will apply to the allocations of these bursaries:
1. It must be current learners in grade 12 who will start their studies next year as 1st Year students;
2. It can also be matriculants who have passed their matric with university exemption, and who are currently unemployed;
3. The applications will be for full time studies;
4. Applicants should be learners who have a good academic record with mathematics;
5. Current matriculants do not need to provide preliminary results – final Grade 11 and June results will suffice.
6. Bursaries will only be allocated for studies in commercial property related qualifications;
7. The bursaries are open to all races, genders and disabled applicants and should represent the demographics of the country.
8. There must be a good spread between town and rural school.
Download: SSETA_SAPOA Bursary Fund Advert
Download: Bursary Application form SSETA_SAPOA