14 Sep Post-doctoral positions in human settlements, Mangosuthu University of Technology
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2 positions)
Human Settlement Research Chair
Office of the DVC Research, Innovation and Engagement
Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT), Umlazi, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Scope of Research
Two postdoctoral training positions funded by the Department of Human Settlement for the Research Chair, Human Settlement at the Mangosuthu University of Technology are available in the new area of Human Settlement in the University. The two candidates, with good research knowledge of the housing industry, are required to join the Human Settlement Research Chair and build capacity in research and innovation within a multi-, inter-, and trans-disciplinary areas of Human Settlement.
• A Doctoral Degree in any of the building and allied building professions/disciplines (housing, urban planning, architecture, estate management, civil/electrical, mechanical engineering, land and quantity surveying etc) obtained within the past 10 years
• Demonstrated experience in writing research publications
• Experience in writing funding proposals
• Ability to work independently, develop projects and undertake research
• Excellent social and team working skills
• A proven publication record
• Critical and Innovative thinking
• Post graduate student supervision will serve as an advantage
• Fluent in written and spoken English
The value of the fellowship is R 300,000.00
The duration of the fellowship is one year and may be renewed subject to proven productivity and availability of funds.
The closing date for applications is 21st September, 2017
The letter of application must be accompanied by:
• The Title and Abstract of your doctoral thesis;
• A certified copy of your Doctoral Degree certificate;
• A copy of your Identity Document;
• A comprehensive curriculum vitae including list of publications; and
• The names and contact details of at least two referees.
Enquiries: Prof Babatunde Agbola; email@example.com +27 63 229 1570
Mangosuthu University of Technology is committed to employment equity. Preference will be given to candidates in line with the equity objectives of MUT.
Download: HS Post -Doc Advert